Hi Christoph,

Yes, that is exactly what I tried already, to bundle neo4j and all the
dependencies with the maven shade plugin (like the ones in service mix
bundles). I realized that this is not really ideal for the following
reasons:

1) The build time exploded, to create this huge jar takes more than
1minutes and 30 secs
2) The pom.xml is far from being straight forward to write, you need to
have a good understanding of the internal structure of neo4j in order to
maintain it. Also, I'm afraid this is time consuming on the long term and
will requires tricky changes for each major release of neo4j.
3) It was not even working! I had issues with neo4j internal way of loading
modules with the java 6 ServiceLoader mechanism, which did not find http
services for reasons I still ignore...

Anyway, I finally gave up fighting with it ;-)