--- On Tue, 6/30/09, Max <[email protected]> wrote: > already in here: > http://offsystem.sf.net
I don't think that system is like what I am suggesting. I will have to read more (it does sound cool), but it sounds a lot more like freenet. I am not just talking about a system to create distributed storage (although it would be nice to be able to do so with what I am suggesting), but a mechanism to hide stuff on the normal internet. Maybe I just want to send you a URL to an article but don't want you to know where that article is hosted so as to not bias you towards its content! Lastly, just because some other projects achieve similar objectives to what tor achieves does not mean that tor is useless. I suspect many of these systems will eventually achieve similar results coming from different angles. I see that as a good thing, not a bad thing, especially since it is hard to know what is the best implementation before hand. I hardly think that anyone would complain if tor could magically replace all those other systems without compromising it's stated objectives, do you? Surely, it would be nice to not have to install another system to deal with one slightly different use case. > On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM, > Martin Fick <[email protected]> wrote: > > Obfuscated URL Paths? > > Would it be possible to create a URL or some longer string > that describes a hidden path through the tor network to a > specific hidden URL and to implement a routing mechanism > to access documents (files) using this "Obfuscated URL"? ... > -Martin

