-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 1:49 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi!

Are you sure that you have correct password file in second instance?
Maybe you're using wrong password (or do not have pwdfile) buf on first
instance you just belong to os DBA group, thus you can log on using whatever
password you provide.

If you access your data using ODBC, which username do you use? Is it APPS?
Afaik there is no restricting logon trigger in apps, at least up to 11.5.7
there isn't. Try to execute the exact query manually under same user first,
to see whether the timeout problem comes from database or ODBC driver.

Tanel.