I can’t speak to what Rich meant by “our desired audience” but I personally
don’t think of Twitter as a place people go looking for local social dances to
attend, so I think it’s not most social dances’ desired audience of “people who
might come to a dance.” We use Facebook and Meetup to advertise events and are
planning to branch out into Instagram as well.

(It’s possible this isn’t true of all communities. Maybe there are places where
people really do use Twitter to find local events! But it’s not something I’ve
encountered.)