As someone who considers themselves a millennial, I don’t use Twitter and I
think that if people my age use Twitter, it’s to read linked news articles or
follow people they like, not necessarily for promotion.

I’m on Instagram a fair amount and “follow” certain hashtags so I can see
what’s happening in the dance world on that platform. (So even if I don’t
follow a certain account, if they use a hashtag, I can see it on my feed). It’s
nice to see more and more organizations use it as a tool. Some hashtags I
follow and see being used:

#contradance
#contradancers
#contradanceweekend