We set up a Twitter for Ottawa Contra Dance back in 2014. However, hardly
anything happens with it.
The mailchimp e-newsletters are posted automatically onto twitter.
https://twitter.com/ottawacontra?lang=en

I'm in my mid-40s so can't speak for the younger crowd anymore but I do
hear a lot of chat about Instagram and Tiktok. I think Instagram could be
cool if you have people taking great photos and the event looks happening.
But if not, I'd avoid starting another channel.

Emily in Ottawa