Sorry that I'm late chiming in on dance floor question... life has been a
bit crazy the past month!

There's actually a bunch of great posts about flooring ideas in the archive
for this list.
https://lists.sharedweight.net/hyperkitty/search?mlist=organizers%40lists.sharedweight.net&q=floor&page=2
Simply search for 'floor' and you'll see a whole whack of great info.

One of my favourite floors is the plywood floor in the West Mabou Hall
(Mabou, Cape Breton).  It's got quite the patina and is smooth enough that
folks can dance in the bare feet!
Video here: https://fb.watch/lkdLExNkbN/

:) Emily in Ottawa