Hi,

>From my experience working for New York ballet and modern dance companies
and from doing the folk dancing we talk about here, I'd offer that the key
word is "sprung" and I'd suggest researching portable and temporary sprung
dance floors.

See:
https://www.stagestep.com/subfloor-systems/springstep-v/

Unacceptable: wood or wood-like flooring installed directly on concrete,
without springing.  This is as hard, unforgiving, unpleasant and injurious
as concrete.

Sometimes a search for "dance floors" turns up "marley," which is floor
covering, only.  It is non-slip vinyl that makes an underlying sprung floor
safe for stage dance.
https://danceequipmentintl.com/marley-dance-floor-guide/

There are soft and hard versions of marley designed for styles of dance and
footware.  Again, marley alone doesn't make a concrete or a non-sprung
floor ok, but it can be quickly rolled out onto an "okay" residential wood
beam constructed floor for dancing.  An advantage to this route is that,
for low cost, it will protect the surface of, say, a basketball court
enabling a multi-purpose floor.

One might also research the floors for basketball courts which have the
same requirements of being wood, but soft.

As an aside, your challenge reminds me of the floors of large event arenas,
which might have to be changed from a basketball court to an ice rink to a
stadium floor, etc.

Sometimes, also, a hard floor problem can be solved with footwear.  Yours
might become a sneaker dance on a concrete floor, just as sneakers are used
for street dance (e.g., hip hop).

Sounds like an exciting project.

Best wishes,
Rob