Thanks all for the list replies, plus the direct 1:1 messages.

I'll forward some of the more detailed acoustic recommendations to our sound
providers in case those have helpful info for them.  And we'll keep in mind the
overall acoustic treatment suggestions (panels, etc) in case we have authority
to make those changes.

If anyone else has specific suggestions about the permanently-hanging window
curtains (which is really all we're empowered to help with at the moment),
please send them on. Sources, fabric recommendations, other considerations, etc.
My question:
Where would you buy decent quality fire resistant window curtains to dampen
sound and improve acoustics?  (What vendors do you recommend?)

Thanks!!
Chrissy / Belfast Flying Shoes

** ** **

Dance Calling | Transcription | Belfast Flying Shoes

chrissyfowler.com<http://www.chrissyfowler.com> |
westbranchwords.com<http://www.westbranchwords.com> |
belfastflyingshoes.org/blog<http://www.belfastflyingshoes.org/blog>
<http://www.chrissyfowler.com>

(207) 338-0979

________________________________

My question:
Where would you buy decent quality fire resistant window curtains to dampen
sound and improve acoustics?  (What vendors do you recommend?)

Back story:
Our first Friday dance series moved to a new venue when we started up again in
November 2022.  The hall is visually appealing, with a high ceiling made of
tin, large windows on three sides of the hall, gorgeous hardwood floor, and
incredibly welcoming venue owners. But it has VERY "live" acoustics, which are
really challenging.

The venue owners removed the curtains when they got their windows replaced. For
several months, they've been looking for fire resistant window curtains for the
large windows on all sides of the hall. We'd love for those curtains to also be
really good at dampening sound (thus improving acoustics.)

My internet searches are inconclusive so far. I'd love to have some suggestions
for reputable sources that will serve our needs, offer a well-made window
curtain product that's functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

Cheers,
Chrissy
Belfast Flying Shoes