Hi Chrissy,

If it wasn’t 4 hours away, I’d come up and take a gander (maybe I will anyway;
I’ve not been to Arcadia yet), but let me say this:

1) One of my fellow organizers encouraged me to turn the volume down; I’m not
sure why it took someone else to tell me that, as I’ve been doing sound for all
kinds of music for nearly 30 years. I think I just get caught up in the dance
music. This helps tremendously, especially in a lively room (if it's lively, do
you really need it loud? Some of these rooms were designed, before sound
systems, to be lively). Turning the music down also makes some room above the
band for the caller.
2) It is really important to tune the system to the room. If you are using a
simple mixer, with a very basic equalizer, if any at all, you are likely to
have problems in most any room.
3) An additional option (after the first two are implemented) is “ducking”,
where the band's amplitude is slightly compressed when the caller is calling.

Ooo, looks like a dance this Friday…w/ Lisa Greenleaf calling...tempting.

Peter