Hi Erik,
Do you have 2GB of RAM on that server? if this is the case, you cannot have
8GB of RAM for the Diskcache:

-Dstorage.diskCache.bufferSize=8192

So this must be the reason. This is the formula:

diskcache + heap < available ram

So with 1,5GB of free RAM, try these settings:

MAXHEAP=-Xmx700m and -Dstorage.diskCache.bufferSize=512

Best Regards,

Luca Garulli

Founder & CEO
OrientDB <http://orientdb.com/>