On Nov 12, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Leyla Torres wrote:

Dave Mitchell […] "origami is not about the destination. It is about the journey"

Ronald Koh: "Just as matter of interest, when was origami defined and accepted as
such, and may we know by whom and under what authority was the
definition made?"

I don't think that we are talking in absolute terms here. Nobody is
dictating what origami should or should not be.
There are only particular points of view and personal preferences
being expressed.

If a person ever has the nerve to say to me, what can I use Origami for, I immediately tell them that it is the journey, not the arrival that counts. My feeling is that this is applicable to life itself. And so it has been with me since I was 32 and first met Florence Temko who introduced me to Lillian Oppenheimer. I will be 87 in January. I have been learning and still am learning new models everyday. And the journey has certainly made my life very special and interesting. I don"t know about the arrival but I can say from great experience that the journey has been very special and wonderful and made my life very worthwhile.......Dorothy Kaplan