I was in contact with Allaire's Kawa support recently and they told me that
Kawa will support running/debugging Orion directly in it's IDE in an
upcoming service pack, how soon it will be released is not certain, so
caveat emptor. I found Kawa to be a pretty good basic IDE (I don't like lots
of frills, I just want codesense and debugging), although in addition to not
yet supporting Orion it was not a simple affair to add .class files to the
CodeSense. If you want a decent step-thru remote debugger, check out
Bugseeker (http://www.karmira.com) it was a bit tricky to get it connected
to my remote JVM, but once I figured it out it was pretty good, it's *very*
affordable, too. I also have recently become aware of JSwat
(http://www.bluemarsh.com/java/jswat/), an open-source debugger. I am
currently using the combination of Visual Slickedit for editing, Bugseeker
for debugging and ANT for building, I occasionally fire up Forte (only
because I have 256 MB memory and lots of time!) to do visual Swing stuff.

Hope this helps,
Mac Ferguson