From: Julian Richardson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 5:18 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Debugging and orion

Hi,

What tools / IDEs are people out there using to develop EJBs for use with
Orion? At the moment we (as a project team, rather than company) are trying
to standardise on an app server and IDE to use, requirements being the
usual:

        cost
        speed
        flexibility
        resource usage
        debugging support from the IDE

- I saw that someone mentioned using Kawa with Orion on the orionsupport
website; has this combination been used by many people? (I'm new to the app
server world, although I've been doing server-side Java work for several
years now - I'm not used to environments where it's even possible to use an
integrated debugger, but others on the team say it's necessary :-)

Comments about the speed / flexibility / resource usage of Orion are welcome
too, from the website it looks pretty slick and the documentation looks
good, but time will tell... also if there's any major snags with orion in
terms of things that the current version doesn't do correctly or doesn't
implement...

cheers

Jules