On 8/31/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now I do need qualify "pretty solid", its solid if I just leave the
> osgtext --mt to do its stuff, but if I enable stats by pressing 's' I
> getting freetype warnings printed out to the console and sometimes get
> gargabe text on the stats.  Since the mutexes I've added were per
> Font, I suspect that perhaps freetype can't handle separate threads
> using different fonts at the same time - it can only handle single
> threaded access.  This is my suspicion, one I haven't tested yet.
> I'll do this another day though, its late in day and my RSI is biting.

I have just changed the Font mutex I added yesterday to a static Font
mutex that is shared between all Font's.  This change ensures the
serialization of calls to freetype and clears the remaining problem of
enabling stats while running osgtext --mt.  This change in now checked
in.

Could user check out the svn version of the OSG and test out the
changes to osgText and let me know how you get on.