If I run with --mt 1 it runs for a bit....however if I change that to --mt
10 it crashes immediately. Tried this on an old dual-proc and a new
quad-core system. Here's the stack from the quad-core:

> osgText.dll!osgText::Text::Text()  Line 61 + 0x5 bytes C++
  osgtest.exe!UpdateTextOperation::load()  Line 556 + 0x24 bytes C++
  osgtest.exe!UpdateTextOperation::operator()(osg::Object *
callingObject=0x00000000)  Line 498 + 0x5 bytes C++
  osg.dll!osg::OperationThread::run()  Line 416 C++
  OpenThreads.dll!OpenThreads::ThreadPrivateActions::StartThread(void *
data=0x00f7cda8)  Line 120 C++
  msvcr80.dll!__endthreadex()  + 0x3b bytes
  msvcr80.dll!__endthreadex()  + 0xc7 bytes
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]@12()  + 0xe bytes
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]()  + 0x23 bytes

I'm grabbed a copy out of SVN about 30 minutes after you posted. So, I
believe I have the right code. If you want me to perform any further
testing/changes just yell.