Win Xp VisualStudio 2005

dev release 2.1.14 and latest svn
    had the double 'return' error, not warning, fixed with the provided
Registry.cpp
    compiles and runs fine

One thing of note is that when debugging examples within VisualStudio,
the first target is ZERO_CHECK  and  it either touches or writes to
Version header in the dependent projects ( at least osg for any example
), the result is that Version.cpp is recompiled, and this forces
re-linking of all the libraries in the dependency chain. I wonder if
this is also the behavior in Linux.
If it is a VisualStudio or CMake specific issue, can any VS/CMake
wizards point to a solution ?

Cheers
Mihai Radu