Hi all,

I know this is slightly off-topic, but if some of you have 5 minutes
to waste, please read on :)
I just take the occasion to ask a question regarding Robert's latest comment:

> So if you want fast paths absolutely never ever ever used vertex
> indices.   Vertex indices are there in the OSG purely for backwards
> compatibility and are not something I'd recommend usage today.

Acknowledged. Now, what is the preferred way to render triangle
strip-based geometries where all strips are parallel and share an edge
? Should we duplicate all common vertices ? e.g. I have a 1080 * 31
patch, rendered as 30 tri strips (basically, it's a 3D plot). I use
indexed rendering so I have 33480 vertices. Now if I want to switch to
"fast-path", does it mean I'm going to need 2*1080*30 = 64800 vertices
?
Given the amount of info for each vertex (color, texcoords, ...) this
seems a pretty big memory impact to me (and if the T&L has to be
performed again, it can also be a slowdown, can't it ?). I am no
cutting-edge 3D expert so please forgive my ignorance.

Happy new year to everyone,

Thibault