Hi,

I am also very surprised to see that use of index arrays/buffer objects
impacts performance. Is this a limitation of OSG or OpenGL ? I always
thought that Hardware Vertex Buffer  + Hardware Index Buffer should be the
best performing scenario.

I just checked GPU_Programming_Guide on NVidia Developer site and found
following excerpt in Chapter 3 General GPU Performance Tips:

"
3.3 Vertex Shader

3.3.1 Use Indexed Primitive Calls

Using indexed primitive calls allows the GPU to take advantage of its
post-transform-and-lighting vertex cache. If it sees a vertex it's already
transformed, it doesn't transform it a second time-it simply uses a cached
result.
"

It seems to contradict what Robert said...

Cheers,
Wojtek