Hello Raphael,

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time working with OSG, and the community
around it!

> - OpenGL selection buffer seems not recommended as a way of picking in
> OSG, explicit primitive intersections are used instead. Could someone
> please comment on this (why...)?

I'll let others answer this one, I don't know myself. I have always
found OpenGL selection buffers cumbersome to use, but with a good
wrapper it should be possible to make something that works well and is
easy to use I imagine. So I don't know why that was not done.

> - Support for parametric curves / surfaces (Bezier, NURBs and the
> likes). Are there any plan to support this directly (through GLU or
> other), or should I export those as polygonal data instead?

I would like to eventually help in adding support for parametric curves
and surfaces in OSG. I have used the GLU interface before and would have
used that as the first step, followed by an implementation using
Geometry Shaders, with the ability to select the implementation you want
to use at runtime and a fallback mechanism. I think it would be really
cool to support that. But I haven't gotten to it thus far... :-(

If you want to start doing something in this direction, I will be glad
to test and comment. And search the archives, there was a discussion
related to this not too long ago, so there was obviously interest in this.

Hope that helps, and again welcome.

J-S