Paul Martz wrote:
Hi All -- I recently posted a change to osg-submissions that adds FLT export capability to OSG. Assuming it doesn't break the build, I expect Robert will have this available on current SVN soon.

Hi, Paul,

Great work!

I tested with a fairly complex .ive. Originally this was an OpenFlight database. During export, I got a lot of these errors:

 fltexp: GL_POINTS not supported in FLT export.

I'm not worried about actually exporting the points, as they weren't important anyway. I'm just mentioning them in case it's relevant for the real problem. This happened when I went to view the exported .flt file in osgviewer. During load, I got several groups of these two warnings:

Warning: data error detected in VertexCNT::readRecord uv=nan nan
Warning: data error detected in LocalVertexPool::readRecord uv=nan nan

The file does eventually finish loading, and it looks fine for the most part. However, there are several objects in the scene that are missing large groups of faces. In each case, the bulk of the object is there, but there are large "holes" in it. Many of these objects used to be external references that were duplicated multiple times, and each copy looks the same.

I really wish I could send you the file, but alas, I cannot. I'm sure this isn't enough information for you to go on. Let me know what else I can do to help.

--

--"J"

"I'm a castaway stranded in a desolate land,
I can see the footprints in the virtual sand."
        --Neil Peart