HI Stephan,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Stephan Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Does CMake support building frameworks on OS X now? IMHO this was the
>  missing key feature, stopping us using CMake on OS X.

I don't know the answer to this, I was hoping that OSX users might know.

If it doesn't then moving the OSG across to only using CMake will be
motivating factor to getting this sorted as if it hasn't been sorted
in the past year then clearly there hasn't been enough attention
placed on it.

Even if frameworks aren't yet support I'd still suggest moving away
from hand maintained XCode projects as one positive reason to keep
hardly seems to compensate for the eight negatives.

>  I'd like to get rid of the hand crafted XCode-files as soon as possible,
>   but I have to stick with them as long Cmake can't build frameworks.

Can CMake generated XCode projects not support frameworks with just
some settings being changed via the Xcode app?  I've always been
perplexed at why this shouldn't be straight forward.

>  I can live with an extra xcode-subversion repository holding all
>  necessary files which is in control of Eric and/or me, so people can use
>  the old xcode files, if they need to.

You can check out other subversion branches within another -
OpenThreads is already proves this, in the case of an optional
external include the user would have to check it out, but I wouldn't
have thought it too awkward - its just another svn checkout.

Creating this extra hurdle is no bad thing, what I want is for CMake
XCode path being the one that everyone users, just like CMake is used
on other platforms so everyone tests this paths and makes sure its
perfected.  What I'm after is better support for OSX for as wide a
range of users as possible, rather than good support for specific OSX
and XCode versions with a specific set of dependencies that the two
maintainers of the XCode projects just happen to use.

I'll have a look at practicality of creating a copy of the XCode
directory on the deprecated branch of the OSG's svn repository.