Norman,

Your solution works perfectly! Thanks a lot.

For the benefit of others, here is my Win32 build batch file. (That
odd-looking first line just reads the contents of a WKT .prj file into a
variable.)

for /F "delims=" %%p in (boston-image.prj) do set prj=%%p
gdal_translate -of vrt -a_srs %prj% boston-image.ecw boston-image.vrt
gdal_translate -of vrt -a_srs %prj% boston-dem.tif boston-dem.vrt
vpbmaster --terrain -d boston-dem.vrt -t boston-image.vrt -o out.ive

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote