Hi,

In visual studio you can
1) Set your plugin project as startup project
2) Specify the osgviewerd.exe as Command (in the Debugging section)
3) Specify the model that triggers your plugin as command line argument
(in the Debugging section)
4) Set a breakpoint in your plugin

Running should now break in your breakpoint.

good luck
Raymond