> I will have to raise my hands I say that I'm just floored by
> the flood of support this week.  What is it with this week?
>
> If you don't get a reply from me, please be patient perhaps
> others can dive and help, I've just burnt out from typing
> hundreds of emails and dealing with dozens of different topics.

Robert -- I greatly appreciate the support you provide on OSG, scene graphs,
OSG's build system, using the wiki, etc. Thanks.

Several osg-users posts are not OSG- or even scene graph-specific, they
often relate to 3D graphics in general or OpenGL at best, or often pertain
to windowing systems or 3rd party libs or file formats or somesuch. While
these are all things that OSG uses, often the topic of the post is
completely orthogonal to OSG and could be discussed and addressed completely
outside of the realm of OSG.

These topics could be better discussed in another forum. Getting people to
post to a more appropriate forum is an age-old problem, however. It's too
easy to say "well, _someone_ here will know the answer to my question on
Qt," and post it to osg-users -- I'm guilty of this myself!

Maybe the best thing to do is ignore off-topic posts. There is plenty of
material free on the web, or in books, that covers 3D graphics and OpenGL
much better than I could cover in a simple email reply.

I think list members could take more responsibility to use the available OSG
materials and resources as well. I generally ignore posts if I know the
topic is addressed in the FAQ, elsewhere on the wiki, in the Quick Start
Guide, or in the mailing list archives.

I don't want to ruin the community feel of osg-users, but nor do I want to
see Robert burned out, so these are just some ideas that might help reduce
Robert's support burden.
   -Paul