Alberto Luaces wrote:
> yes, this is what I meant. To load a dynamic symbol you have first to open
> the
> DLL file containing it, and then load it explicitly before use (if you used
> RTLD_LAZY). The source code at DynamicLibrary.cpp shows this. This can
> explain why it hangs depending on the data file loaded.

Good - glad I understand.

> I think we could search for the differences between the .osg plugin and the
> well-behaved others.

The interesting thing is I have only been able (in Cygwin) to get it to process
osg and build a .osg or .ive file.  I have been unable to get it to do anything
with .gif .bmp .jpg or others like that - I always get the "Error no data
loaded"
message and then it terminates cleanly so based on that I cannot swear it would
perform cleanly with other type files - it may be as you say that since it
never
uses a file it quits cleanly but when it does use a file like .osg to .osg or
osg to .ive it hangs.

Can someone give me an example of osg to gif or jpg or gif to bmp or bmp to gif
or something (proper syntax a must) that should work that I can use as a test.

Thanks

bk