On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Jean-Sébastien Guay <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
>  Well, since a UTM zone represents a vertical "slice" of the earth, it
>> won't be perfectly rectangular -- in the northern hemisphere, the width at
>> the north side (in meters) is less than the width at the south. Since a TIFF
>> is rectangular, you see borders. The only way to compensate would be to
>> stitch multiple areas together and then crop out a rectangular region. Does
>> that answer your question?
>>

> I gathered that was the reason, but didn't know what could be done about
> it.

I don't know how to do it from the command line. I use Global Mapper for
this sort of thing. I find it to be an indispensable companion to VPB for
prepping source data.

 I don't know what you mean by "higher".

Well, the places where there is no data get rendered as higher terrain than
> the bottom of the ocean... Sorry for the simplistic terms.

Right, gdalwarp fills in the reprojection gaps with Z=0. Not sure whether
gdalwarp can insert custom no-data values (-dstnodata maybe?)

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791