Hi Jean-Sébastien,

I'm neither a Win32 programming expert so if someone has an idea on how to
avoid those kind of behaviour please let the community knows.

I haven't been able to find the bug, I searched deeper in osg code without
success.

I'm so sad to not find why it refuse to update viewport size...

2008/8/8 Jean-Sébastien Guay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi all,
>
> Here is what to do :
>> 1) Launch osgviewerMFC sample
>> 2) open a model
>> 3) reduce window size (not maximised)
>> 4) open an other different model
>> 5) reduce second window size (not maximised)
>> 6) close first window
>> 7) try to resize second window
>>

> This is also reproducible with stock osgviewer on Win32 when using 2
> screens.
>
> 1. osgviewer cow.osg (make sure it starts on both screens, fullscreen)
> 2. press 'f' to go out of fullscreen mode. you will get 2 windows, one on
> each screen.
> 3. resize one of the windows (make it bigger), it works fine.
> 4. close one of the windows.
> 5. resize the remaining window (make it bigger), and you get the same
> artifact as in the attachment in the OP.
>
> I'm not a win32 programming expert so I can't really see what would cause
> this. The cow still rotates if you try, so the update loop is still being
> executed... I can't see why the viewport would not be updated to the new
> window size if one of the windows was closed... Perhaps someone more
> knowledgeable than me can trace through the code.
>
> And I can't test right now if the same happens on other platforms, but I
> suspect not.
>
> J-S
> --

Alexandre AMALRIC Ingénieur R&D