-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joseanibal
Colon Ramos
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:08 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] unrendered objects creating performance problems?

Hi all,

I was hoping someone has an idea about why I am encountering the following
problem: I have a big terrain and on certain viewing angles it contains a
huge amount of triangles to draw and puts a big strain on OSG's
performance. I tried playing around with near/far clipping planes to
improve performance, by cutting out a lot of the rendering, to the point
only a very small fraction (and even none at all) of the terrain is seen
through my camera. OSG's framerate, however, behaves just as if I was
looking at the whole thing and drawing all the triangles.

At certain angles, the framerate increases (where small number of
triangles would normally be - even thought I don't see anything),

and at other angles, it decreases (the same angles at which the viewer
normally tries to draw a large number of triangles - even though I can't
see anything). What is going on here?!? help!

-J