Hi Joseanibal,

By default the OSG does not cull on the near/far planes, and near/far
clipping is done down on the GPU only affect the fill rate performance
of your application.   You can enable culling on the near/far planes,
but you have to be careful about setting your near/far planes so that
encompass your scene - as the OSG by default computes the near/far
planes it'll hide the inappropriately set near/far planes so by
toggling these features on you might suddenly find parts of foreground
or distance disappearing.

To switch off the compute of near far use the Camera methods
(inherited from osg::CullSettings) :

viewer.getCamera()->setComputeNearFarMode(osg::CullSettings::DO_NOT_COMPUTE_NEAR_FAR)

To enable the culling against the far plane use methods inherited from
osg::CullSettings again:

  int cullingMode = viewer.getCamera()->getCullingMode() |
osg::CullSettings::FAR_PLANE_CULLING;
  viewer.getCamera()->setCullingMode(cullingMode);

All of this doesn't really address the performance issue too much.
You don't mention the nature of your database at all i.e. how you
built it, what scene graph components it uses, or what hardware, or
OS, or OSG version you are using, all this info is essential for
others to know enough to really guide you in the right direction.

Robert.