Hi J-S,

This bug suggests that either the osg::Material's are updated
dynamically and the osg::Material aren't set to be DYNAMIC, or that
the relevant part of the osgUtil::Optimizer is not recognizing these
Material's as being independent.

As a separate issue running osgmanipulator with no arguments comes up
with an empty screen save for the text instructions...

I'm currently working on another bug right now so I'd appreciate it
others could dive in a work out what these problems stem from ;-)

Robert.