Robert Osfield wrote:

I do understand what your are looking for, but I don't agree it's
clearer... having two tags for the same thing, and copying over the
top of the same tag repeatidly.  I consider this misuse of the svn
repository.
Same feeling here...

What you could do is create a new directory called "latest" next to the trunk, branches, tags, etc directories. Then you set two svn:externals on that directory, one named "stable" pointing to the latest released stable revision (the same on that was tagged), and one named "development" pointing to the latest released development version. When a new release is made the appropriate property of the "latest" dir would need to be updated. On the end-user side an "svn update" within his/her checkout of the "latest" directoy would update if needed.

At least, I think this should work, would need to try it out though.

Paul

Robert.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Mathieu MARACHE