Mathieu MARACHE wrote:
IMHO, the svn:external scheme is far more complex than copying tags
("svn copy" is a very cheap operation in subversion). I won't argue on
which is best, they both achieve the same goal. But is this goal
(having a way to checkout the latest devel/stable release) of any use
to somebody else (other than setting up automatic nightly builds of
OSG) ? I'm using the vendor branches anyway.
As I'm not the one doing any of the necessary work if this moves forward I don't really mind which solution would be chosen. I'm against adding two _tags_ (i.e. under directory /tags) that represent the latest stable and development releases, but there's no reason why two "svn copy"s couldn't be made somewhere else in the repository.

Regards,
Paul

Mathieu