Hi Wojtek,

I think your observations prove that AlphaFunc is activated by Transparent bin. IMHO safest way with dealing with AlphaFunc/AlphaTest is to activate it explicitly as a node state attribute whenever BLEND is activated or TransparentBin is selected through RenderingBin hint. That way its always on when needed and we are not on mercy of default state sets ;-)

Sure. I can always run a visitor on any loaded models, check if there's BLEND or TransparentBin settings anywhere, and then add AlphaFunc there too (since they aren't in our source models).

I think that submission I have sent is still worth adding. I made my change slightly more general so that it may be easily extended to suppress other controversial optimizations when needed.

I agree.

Thanks,

J-S