J-S,

>> I suppose that single overriden render bin with AlphaFunc/AlphaTest
>> turned only when needed should be faster in theory. Other options turn
>> AlphaFunce even when not needed. But in practice I doubt difference will
>> be noticable.
>>
>> Even though you managed to activate AlphaFunc, I agree with you that
>> forcing one render bin may possibly bring some unexpected trouble. Its
>> hard to come up with exact scenario where it will fail, but I have the
>> feeling that render bin various sorting modes and renderbin prototype
>> extension mechanism may be at risk with such override.

> Err, ok, so what is the conclusion? What would you prefer to do? Remove
> the renderbin override (or set it to disabled by default in the options
> bitmask)?

Turning on AlphaTest/AlphaFunc is not mutually exclusive with RenderBin
override. I don't want to make decision that has to be its either this or
that. I would like to leave RenderBin override as default. I would also add
setShadowMapRenderingSettings/getShadowMapRenderingSettings methods to allow
user turn it off if he decides. So my conclusion is I would like to add the
submission as sent to the codebase.

Cheers,
Wojtek