brettwiesner wrote:
Hey,

Since most DDS textures are going to come in flipped (ie: directX style
and not openGL style) I would like my application to always pass the
"dds_flip" option to the DDS loader. If I could extend the DDS loader I
could do that. Just another case for including the loaders as actual
libs and the plugins themselves as smaller projects that just use the
loaders api.

It's easy enough to hard code a ReaderWriter option:

options = new osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options("dds_flip");
texImage = osgDB::readImageFile(filename, options);

You might want to use a ref_ptr for the options object, but basically, the above should work.

--"J"