Hello Wang Rui,

The osgModeling library is available online today!

Very interesting! There was discussion a while ago about implementing something like that for OSG, good to see it get done at last!

Some quick questions (I have not checked the code, I'm just curious):

How are the parametric curves/surfaces rendered? Are they rendered by GLU evaluators? Are they tessellated once at a given detail level (based on curvature I would think)? Or are they kept entirely parametric and rendered with geometry shaders? Or even, are multiple rendering techniques available and can the user switch at any time?

If the rendering is done by tessellating the curves/surfaces, does it generate triangle/quad strips for efficiency? Does it generate sensible texture coordinates? (from the Earth picture I would guess yes, but just asking :-) )

Is it possible to change the detail level based on distance to camera (automatic LOD)? Is it possible to change the detail level on demand (to a fixed detail level)?

How is the performance? For example, for your teapot, compared to a polygonal teapot containing the same number of triangles as the tessellated teapot surface, is there a performance difference?

Does the library have a plugin to support loading curves/surfaces from an osg file?

Thanks for your work, it's an interesting library!

J-S