Hi Wang,
I dont know exactly how you would want morph, today there is nothing yet in osgAnimation to do morph of shape, but you could use osgAnimation to control your controlpoints with an EaseMotion or a Sampler (it's something that contains keyframes and interpolates between them)

Your project is very intersting.

Cheers,
Cedric

Wang Rui wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for help. BTW, I also have the plan to help implement some morph animations. For example, moving and rotating some of the vertices to make a multi-segment box walking like a snake. I think it can realize with the VBO or just with dirtyDisplayLists (but not efficient, anyhow osgModeling classes are derived from osg::Geometry, so can do anything as Geometries do). I might support some interfaces to alter the control points of surfaces and affect related veritces then. Maybe it can work with the osgAnimation if you have such morph animating mechanism. What do you think? Wang Rui 2008/11/5 Jeremy Moles <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

    On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 10:53 -0500, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
    > Hello Wang Rui,
    >
    > > They are tessellated at a given detail level, that is, they
    are all
    > > derived from osg::Geometry and can be regard as geometries. I
    know it is
    > > more efficient to use geometry shaders, but maybe it is more
    easier to
    > > save and modify data from vertices arrays, and make the
    library suitable
    > > for some low level grpahics systems.
    >
    > No, that's fine. It would be interesting to provide different
    rendering
    > implementation back-ends which could be switched at runtime. But
    doing
    > it as osg::Geometry is fine as a first step.
    >
    > > I'm just considering to write a plugin to read curve/surface
    data file.
    > > Do you know any format that supports parametric
    curves/surfaces? Does
    > > .osg format support them?
    >
    > You can add whatever you want to the .osg format. Have a look at the
    > osgWidget .osg plugin for example, it's a good example of
    extending the
    > .osg format to support new types of objects.

    Everything that's in the osgWidget plugin loader is just a
    skeleton for
    future use, so it would be a great place to start to look and see how
    it's done. Just remember, you'll want to dyn_cast<>() your osg::Object
    reference to something you can set values on as you read, and as you
    write.

    > J-S

+33 (0) 6 63 20 03 56  Cedric Pinson mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plopbyte.net