Hello David,

I will repeat what Robert already said, please use the "Reply" button in your mail client instead of starting a new message each time. This helps people keep track of what has been said before, and also allows you to keep the relevant parts of the previous message to give context to your replies, like this:

Well, I need the polygons counts not the node counts. maybe I can count drawables or something like that.
According the post I mentioned OSG has something built-in for it

If you use a cull callback to know if a node was culled or not, you will know how many polygons are not culled, since if a Geode is not culled, then all its Drawables are not culled, and thus you can count the number of polygons in each Drawable.

Also Vincent gave you an excellent suggestion, you can check out the code for the osgViewer::StatsHandler, it does exactly this and more. For an example, press 's' 4 times in osgviewer, and you will see what I mean. Move the camera around (to see part of the model or none of it in the view) and you will see the polygon counts change.

Hope this helps,

J-S