Hi Sukender,

Sukender wrote:

> About the forum, why are the URLs masked with "Only registered users can see
> links on this board" when not logged in?
> I mean email adresses should be hidden (for harvesters), but why the links?

I made this this way, so that potential spammers could see that their trying to
spam the forum will end up in nothing. I mean their spam-links would just reach
the registered users, which make this forum less attractive for them. Also
having a lot of links could decrease the google page rank, which will make the
forum less findable over google ;) Do you think I am to paranoid ;) ?

Sukender wrote:

> Anyway, that forum is a very nice idea since users can now choose what's best
> for them. (Well, I was in favor of a forum, but now I'm so used to read/post
> on the mailing list that I don't think I'll change... Robert contamined me!
> ;) )
> Thanks!

You are welcome. As for me I am now using the forum only, because it offers me
a simple way of seeing what happens without reading a lot of emails which were
sent since my last visit. This is one of the features, I really like ;)

Best regards,
art

http://osgforum.tevs.eu/viewtopic.php?p=4029#4029