Crampman wrote:
I'm using a 64 bit linux system, with 2GB of ram and ~10GB of swap.
The conversion failed after ~12 hours, and the obj model doesn't have any textures.
How much geometry is there in your model? The OSG .obj plugin isn't very efficient. But .obj is very easy to parse (although things like groups might make conversion slightly more difficult), so you could try to do it yourself and directly construct the necessary OSG objects from c++ while reading in the .obj file...

Paul

Marcin Prus a écrit :
Hi,
do you have problem with not enough free memory or do you hit 2GB per 32 bit process limit in MS Windows?

In second case, if you use Visual Studio, you can enable LARGEADDRESSAWARE linker flag for osgconv. As an addition you will need /3GB in boot.ini for 32 bit Windows XP. This will extend memory available for 32 bit process. Otherwise, you might consider using 64bit OSG.

Also, you can try to do conversion in 2 steps, first with -O noTexturesInIVEFile and then convert resulting .ive into second one with textures inside. I used this approach some time ago and it worked for some of my large models.

Best,
Marcin

Crampman pisze:
Hi,

I'm having problems when I try to convert a lagre obj file (~600MB) into a ive file using osgconv : the conversion took ages and eventually failed after eating the whole swap.
Is there any solution or workaround ?

Thanks!