Hi Mattias,

This is a q about user-friendliness so perhaps others would care to
have an opinion. If the support for zip archives is demanded to some
degree (and Robert approves) I'll be happy to implement it in our
build scripts.

I agree with all your points. If we had had lots of requests for .zip since 2.8 shipped, that would be a different story, but since this has been the first (and it was discussed on osg-submissions when the packaging was being developed and no one objected) it probably doesn't affect many people.

Nevertheless, Robert has put lots of emphasis on providing a good out-of-the-box experience on each platform, so since zip support is built-in on Windows, perhaps this falls into that category. What do you think?

J-S