Hello Christian,

I have run into another problem. With my current approach the scene
loses all lighting after
the first frame has been drawn. All polygons appear in flat shading. I
have currently no idea what is causing this. At first I was not
noticing this because I rendered cow.osg which uses a metallic effect
(environment maps?). But on other scenes the loss of lighting is
apparent.

This suggests that when pushing and popping state in order for Qt to draw its widgets, something is not pushed/popped correctly, probably GL_LIGHTING, GL_LIGHT0-GL_LIGHT7 or something like that? Perhaps glShadeModel? ...

Just a possible avenue for investigation. I know it sounds obvious, but the error is obviously caused by something you overlooked, so listing things that should not be overlooked seems like the only way I can help... :-)

J-S