Hello Peter,

However my question was really whether something like this already existed in OSG, to which the answer is no.

Indeed. And in your use case I agree that a kd-tree would be pretty efficient. Perhaps we could have a scheme where kd-trees can be turned on or off for particular subgraphs, so that static parts of the scene will use them and dynamic parts will use the BVH.

I do need this feature, so I will look into implementing it in osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor. This should be as simple as setting a flag, I think, and modifying the traversal to return as soon as an intersection is found. I will let the list know how it goes.

Yep, that should do it.

J-S