Hi Vincent,

With graphics applications the load is taken up between the disks,
memory, buses, CPU cores, CPU caches, GPUs, etc. any one of this might
be the bottleneck at any one time.  Which is most likely to be a
bottleneck will depend on the nature of your application, the type of
scene you have, the OS, the OpenGL drivers, the graphics card, the
motherboard etc.

It's nothing unusual to be maxed out your system yet still not full
utilise an single resource such as CPU cores.  What you are actually
trying to achieve with a graphics application is to tread lightly but
still achieve your goals, i.e. keep the whole system comfortably
handling the load but still hitting your required frame rate.

So rather than try to max out CPU utilisation you should be looking at
whether your application hits the required frame rates with your
required models and then to look at the bottlenecks if it doesn't
achive this.  Looking at maximizing CPU utlisation is a false goal,
you need to ditch it right away and start focusing on what will
provide your end users with the best experience possible.

Robert.