I agree with Paul, the Orange book is a *must have* title if you're
learning shaders.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=kDXOXv_GeswC&dq=opengl+shader+language&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=E5Z6Svb-K5Cy-AbQ87lS&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#v=onepage&q=opengl%20shader%20language&f=false