Hi Robert,

My PagedLOD node does have a preloaded child, but it is a ProxyNode that is set
to load via the pager. So it doesn't have a valid bounding sphere either, but I
was setting the initial bound on the PagedLOD node in order to get a valid
bounding sphere when the file is loaded. I don't want/can't use
USER_DEFINED_CENTER because when it is set to that the culling visitor, if I'm
not mistaken, does not apply any transforms that might be sitting above the
PagedLOD node. So I'd have to bake the transform into my user defined center,
but when I am building the PagedLOD (for reasons I won't go into) I don't know
the transform so I can't bake it in.

Anyway, the technique I described worked fine when I was working with ive
files, but I switched to osg format just so I could read the text in the file
for a test and I found that my file no longer worked. Its actually not a big
deal to me because I pretty much only use the osg format for debugging, but I
thought it be helpful to you and the rest of the community to know that the two
formats don't work the same way in this case.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Alex