Hi Paul,

Paul Martz writes:

> Please tell me about your experience with BuGLe.

Well, I haven't tested it that much, but I wrote the link because I
thought it was worth of considering since it's a new, open and active
project along the lines of GLIntercept. The last update from the latter
is from 2005, according its homepage, although I think that you said
that you developed some extensions to it, is it correct?

> Was it easy for you to build? What platform do you use it on?

I built and ran it on Linux without problems. On its page, there are
instructions for building it with mingw under Windows. Nevertheless, it
should be possible to build it with any other compiler, since what it
does is creating an opengl32.dll that intercepts OpenGL calls.

It should work on any other system that supports LD_PRELOAD.

> How does it handle multiple threads/contexts?

I didn't try it, but the documentation takes into account multiple
contexts.

> How easy/hard is it to add support for new extensions or features?

Should be easy since all the program is written with modularisation in
mind, see the chapter of the documentation regarding that topic:

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/tools/BuGLe/documentation/extending.php#extending-guidelines-oglcontexts

Sorry if it sounded like I was proposing a complete solution to you, I
was only pointing this program in case you never heard of it before :)

Regards,

Alberto