Hello all,

I think I just came across a bug in 2.9.6, revision 10691. I save a tree (very simple one) which has been created from importing a tree using the 3ds plugin (log below):
-- LOG BEGINS --
INFO: OSG: Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_3dsd.dll

INFO: OSG: texture->name=OAK1.TGA, _directory=C:/Users/Jean-Olivier Racine/Desktop

WARNING: OSG: texture 'OAK1.TGA' not found

INFO: OSG: Final OSG node structure looks like this:

INFO: OSG: Group

INFO: OSG: Geode

-- LOG ENDS --

When I try to save this tree, I simply do a osgDB::writeNodeFile(node, filename), where the node corresponds to the group in the LOG above.

If I save using the OSG (in filename), all works fine. If I save using the IVE extension, it fails (log below):

-- LOG BEGINS --
INFO: OSG: Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.9.6/osgdb_ived.dll

WARNING: OSG: Error writing IVE file: Unknown node in Group::write()
-- LOG ENDS --

Looking at the code where the exception is thrown, in DataOuputStream.cpp:1381 (in writeNode()), it seems that there simply isn't any treatment for... ...osg::node. Only sub types are handled.

I did not try to modify the code and recompile because I am not setup for this, but in all likelihood, I believe that this is the problem.

Are you aware of this? Am I missing something?

Thanks all,
J-O