Thanks, Nick. I tried this out and it does work around the issue, and
so far I haven't seen a significant performance hit.

This is clearly a bug, though. The lights in the .osg file are set to
have a minimum 3 pixel size (I have no idea if this means 3 pixel
radius, 3 pixel diameter, or what), but even if I set the small
feature culling size to < 1 pixel they get culled out. That strongly
indicates that the culling algorithm is using the bounding sphere to
decide how many pixels the geometry will have, and in this case that's
just wrong.

I'd like to suggest a fix, but I'm just not familiar enough with the
culling code to do that. I hope someone more experienced can take a
look at it.

Max